Build a space that…
Inspires Learning, Celebrates Play and Strengthens Community
‣ Provide unique and exciting opportunities for play, safe risk taking, creative problem solving and full self expression.
‣ Use GSI design as a foundation for trauma-informed landscape design that celebrates play and allows children to self regulate and decompress and heal.
• COMMUNITY HEALTH & WELL BEING
‣ Inspire local residents to actively engage in the social / physical health and vitality of the community.
‣ Build leadership and community capacity.
‣ Create opportunities for awe, wonder and self discovery by providing direct access, engagement and educational experiences that elicit compassion for each other and the natural world.
‣ Create a safe place for the community to play, learn and grow together.
• ECONOMIC INVESTMENT
‣ Equitable investment for the school and throughout the community.
‣ Provide new opportunities for entrepreneurship and economic stability: - Farmers Market - Wissahickon Boys & Girls Club Summer Camp - After School Partnerships
• SOCIAL / CULTURAL PRIDE
‣ Instill Pride
‣ Celebrate Community Culture, History & Ecology through art, design, music, gardening and performance.
‣ Provide a space that allows all families of a diverse neighborhood to gather, play and engage with each other.
• ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION & STEWARDSHIP
‣ Reconnect children, families and residents to the natural environment.
‣ Teach civic responsibility and agency through the ongoing site stewardship.
‣ Provide opportunities to learn about and appreciate local wildlife and the environment we share and call home.